Made of aluminum and HDPE, the Afridev exterior will hold up in harsh environments. Below is a field picture of the Afridev technology installed within its weatherproof enclosure.
The Afridev uses two different types of sensors to collect data: Water detectors and pump motion detectors. Both detectors operate together to monitor important data points effectively.
When the water flows out of the pump spout, the SSL senses the water with two stainless probes.
When the pump handle is moved, our sensors detects the motion using magnets. We tally and send each minute of usage daily.
Significant Data Points
At the end of day, the Afridev monitor stores and transmits the following data points:
- Total amount of time the pump was being used
- Used as a reference to compare the other factors of the pump to
- Wet time
- Pump operation time with water flowing out
- The time where the pump is functioning properly
- Dry time
- Pump operation time with no water flowing out
- Excessive dry time could be a sign that the well needs repair
- Ambient temperature
- Temperature outside around the pump
- Helps determine the safety or accuracy of the monitoring technology
To display the data in the most practical way possible, we use ArcGIS technology.
To protect privacy, pin locations are not exact.